Are you interested in speaking at a recruitDC event?
recruitDC is a networking community driven to elevate the recruiting profession. We accomplish that goal by hosting events, fostering best practices, developing and sharing content, and cultivating new ideas within the industry.
Founded in 2009, recruitDC was developed by DC-Area recruiters for DC-Area recruiters. Since then, we have continued to extend our reach to recruiters beyond the DC area– both nationally and globally –to offer insights to our organization so that our members can learn and grow.
We need YOU to present your thoughts, strategies and success stories! Our call for speakers is open for our 2023 conference.
Who should apply to speak at recruitDC?
Anyone involved with recruiting that has great lessons to share or stories to tell. This includes internal recruiters, agency recruiters, sourcers, recruiting managers, directors, analysts, and consultants. We are an inclusive community that appreciates different viewpoints. We love to hear from first-time speakers, seasoned road warriors, and everyone in between.
- Are you comfortable speaking in front of large groups, ranging from 50 to 500?
- Are you interested in sharing expertise, real-world strategies and knowledge with other recruiters?
- Will you attend the whole event and engage with attendees?
- Are you open to helping market the event via their network?
- Can you fill 45 minutes to an hour?
What’s in it for you?
- Complimentary registration for yourself and one additional guest
- A discount code you can share with your network
- Participation in a pre-conference reception for the speaker and guest with the recruitDC board, speakers, volunteers and sponsors
- Travel and expense reimbursements include:
- Round-trip economy class airfare for the speaker
- Up to $250 travel stipend for meals, transportation to and from the airport
- Hotel stay for the night prior to the speaker's presentation at a pre-determined conference hotel
- Valuable professional exposure on the event website and in event marketing materials
What should I speak about?
We look for submissions that include new ideas that educate and inspire our community. Our sessions take into account different perspectives from early career to the advanced recruiter as well as management & strategy. The content that focuses on "how" attendees can do it, and be applied immediately are very popular.
What should you talk about?
The theme of our 2023 Conference will be ⏳Days of Our Reqs⏳. The focus will be on the relationships and tasks associated with managing the lifecycle of a requisition. We are currently looking for Speakers for the following parts of a Recruiting Workflow:
- Intake Sessions
- Sourcing/Recruiting Strategy
- Talent Branding
- Project Management and Setting Expectations
- Interviewing and Assessments
- Metrics and Data/Managing Up
- Managing Candidate Drop Offs/Ghosting
- Offer Process
- Onboarding and Candidate -> Employee Experience
If you feel you have expertise in any of these areas, we’re looking for YOU! Submit a proposal and tell us what you enjoy most about that part of the process and your plans to bring your experience to the conference to up-level our recruitDC community!
What approach you should take?
- Presentations: These sessions feature thought leadership from experts in the profession that offers tactical advice to attendees.
- Panel Discussions: These sessions feature a moderator leading a discussion with a panel of experts.
- Rapid-Fire Presentations: These fast-paced, 10-minute sessions with an open platform format covering topics or demonstrations with key, tangible takeaways.
- Deep Dives and Research-Based Case Studies: These sessions feature presentations that thoroughly examine a topic and/or business case.
- Roundtable Discussion: Participants are led in a discussion by a moderator who guides the conversation through specific questions or prompts. A highly interactive session featuring polling, Q&A, and other approaches that help crowdsource audience insights, enable attendees to share their opinions, and drive engagement with speakers.
- Workshops/Lab: An interactive session that briefly introduces a topic and invites audience members to participate in activities that help them apply concepts or develop new materials. Workshops should be designed for interactivity and networking among participants, along with practical takeaways.
What is the timeline?
- The deadline for speaker submittals is January 9, 2023
- Presentation decisions will be communicated by February 5, 2023
What tips do you have for proposal submissions?
Make your title and description exciting and informative. Make sure it showcases what your session’s about. Explain what attendees will get out of the session and give examples of what’s discussed. Actually, sell the talk. Please, No product pitches.
I spoke at a previous recruitDC. Can I apply to speak again?
Sure. We only ask that there be one event between your speaking engagement and that the material you present is new, not previously presented to the recruitDC audience.